Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Valentine From Me To You

The past couple of years I have blogged about chocolate makers for Valentine’s Day. I covered Sweetlands in 2011 and Patricia’sChocolates in 2012. Also, in 2012 I sent out the Cheesy Love Story. This year, I am offering you all a delicious truffle recipe that features four Michigan products.

Over the Christmas holidays, I spent time experimenting with recipes. I tried three, and only one turned out well. But, to get that recipe, you need to take a raw food class from SIP Organic Juice Bar

For my recipe I tweaked the contents from a Millennium Restaurant (in SanFrancisco) cookbook. It is vegan – it’s way too easy to make truffles with cream.  I am happy to share it with you all below.
  
Michigan Valentine Truffles (Makes about 24)

2 – 3.5 ounce Mindo 67% or 77% chocolate bars
2 Tablespoons and 1 teaspoon of Chateau Chantal Cerise
¼ cup dried cherries
¼ cup coconut oil
Toppings such as Just Good Chocolate, LLC cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or shredded coconut.

1.       Soak the dried cherries in hot water for a couple of minutes until they rehydrate. Chop them up into small pieces
2.       In a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
3.       Remove the chocolate from the heat and stir in the Cerise, chopped cherries, and the coconut oil.
4.       Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for about an hour until it is solid enough to form balls.
5.       Form into balls and roll into the desired topping.
6.       Chill again until they are easy to handle and enjoy.

I wish for you all much love for Valentine’s Day.






No comments:

Post a Comment