As I wrote last summer, I canned a LOT of beets. I needed to be creative about how to use them. I was out with friends one night in Holland, MI and had a delicious appetizer at Butch’s Dry Dock.
The recipe below was inspired by that appetizer. Enjoy!
1. Toast raw walnuts in a dry cast iron skillet.
2. Slice cooked beets about ¼ inch thick.
3. Layer goat chevre cheese between two slices.
4. Drizzle with a citrus vinaigrette such as The Hotel Kitchen Citrette dressing.
5. Top with chopped, toasted walnuts.
Get your Michigan Foodie News on our Facebook page.