Sunday, June 17, 2012
Crispy Cheese Garnish
I came across the technique for crispy cheese by accident. I then experimented, so that I can now give you all directions. They make a delicious and beautiful garnish.
1. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the microwave turn-table. Make sure that the table can rotate without the parchment paper getting caught. If it does, it will fold over and mess up the cheese piles.
2. Shred cheese and place it in small piles on the parchment paper.
3. I used Colby and medium white cheddar from Farm Country Cheese House.
4. Microwave on high for 30 – 60 seconds until the cheese is bubbly.
5. Remove the parchment with the cheese attached and cool on a wire rack.
6. They hold in the refrigerator but become chewier.