Monday, February 20, 2012

Grand Rapids Beer Week is NOW

Grand Rapids is, in my view, the place to be in the Great Beer State (of Michigan).

In late January I posted the information for the Grand Rapids Beer Week. The time is now.

I celebrated tonight by trying out Harmony Brewery with my nephew. It is a small brewery/pizzaria that recently opened in Eastown. The pizza was great. And, I tried all of the brews as tasters. The inhouse brews were good. They were Oh Be Joyful Cranberry Wheat and Aphrodisal Honey Chocolate Porter.

Also, last week Brewery Vivant announced their LEED Silver certification. They are the first LEED brewery. Click here for their first annual Sustainability Report. They also have an organic brew that includes Michigan grown hops. It is very good.

Both breweries feature Michigan wines and Vandermill Hard Cider.

Enjoy the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment