Saturday, December 17, 2011

Book Review: Michigan’s Guide to Local Cooking




While traveling recently I read the book Michigan’s Guide to Local Cooking by Susan Clemente. It was published by Orange Whisk Books in 2011.

The first few chapters educate the readers on farm issues, food certifications, and details specific to Michigan agriculture. There is a handy chart that lists the crops available each month of the year in Michigan. It also briefly mentions Michigan produced beer and wine.

Even if you have been a dedicated foodie for years, as I have been, I bet you will learn something new. And, there are 90 pages of recipes featuring seasonal food.

The book ends with a reference guide of websites, books, and films. The recipes are conveniently indexed.

Follow on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is great! I'm going to re-blog it on the Ann Arbor Farmers Market's official blog! Check it out here: http://annarborfarmersmarket.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do. I can also send you a promo copy if you email me your address. Please see my website for contact info. www.michigansguidetolocalcooking.com

      Delete