Thursday, November 8, 2012

MI Beer Night at the Festival


Thursday was beer night for me at the 2012 International Wine, Beer & Food Festival in Grand Rapids. I munched through the Michigan Beer Hall and the Riverfront Market. I enjoyed various cheeses, nuts, salsa, bread, and pierogies along the market.

In addition to the big beer hall, there were beer booths throughout the convention center. One such booth was Crankers Brewery from downtown Big Rapids. I had a fun chat with brewer Adam Mills. They opened in May and are now on my short list of future stops. I tried their Professor Pale Ale.  If you go, stop by after 4:00 for the brewery menu. I stopped by the beer hall booth for the newly opened Perrin Brewery and tried their light IPA. And, I enjoyed catching up with my friends Brooks and Rick from Brewery Vivant. 
During my Saturday trip I will sip the wines and attend a couple of classes. This is my favorite Michigan festival! I also have some food from the San Chez Bistro booth selected for Saturday. Enjoy the sights below.
The Michigan Beer Hall 
Those baskets are filled with free cheese samples. 
From northern Michigan
They sell them by the bag too.
The Good Life
Goes great with beer.
The Marketplace
Michigan Wineries
Beer City USA

No comments:

Post a Comment