Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fruit Pops


I purchased a set of stainless steel popsicle molds and have been playing around with recipes. I have created three types: cherry-mint, blueberry-lavender, and strawberry-basil. I made the pops with either frozen or fresh fruit and with either Michigan  honey or agave nectar as the sweetener. The recipe is infinitely more healthy than the artificially colored and flavored commercial brands. Try them on your kids.

Basic fruit recipe:
2 cup chopped fresh or frozen strawberries or blueberries; use 2.5 cups for tart cherries
1 cup filtered water
1/3 cup either honey or agave nectar
Mix the above in a blender. 

Herb flavor specifics:
For strawberry-basil, I used 1 cup of strawberry mixture (above) with 2 Tablespoons of fresh basil.

For cherry-mint, I used 1 cup tart cherry mixture (above) with ½ Tablespoon fresh mint.

For blueberry-lavender, I used one half of the recipe above with a scant ½ Tablespoon of lavender flowers.

I just poured the mixture into the molds and froze them. I ran some water on the exterior of the molds to loosen up the fruit pops.





No comments:

Post a Comment