Saturday, January 21, 2012

How to Cut Butter

Perhaps this is too basic for my esteemed target market, or perhaps not. I struggled with how to cut my Mooville butter into quarters so I could use it better in recipes – or on Michigan popcorn. It comes in a one pound block. This butter is so good, it is worth a blog on how I cut it for use. The issue was that shards of the butter would stick to the knife when I cut it into quarters. I find the quarters easier to use, since many recipes use a Tablespoon measure.

The important thing is to use a sharp knife and to put it into the freezer to chill it. Be sure to set it in a spot where no one will get hurt on it when they open up the door. I chill my knife about one half hour, and then I cut the butter in half. I clean the knife and chill it again for one half hour before cutting the halves into quarters.

I wrap the quarters in plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator. I have a photo copy of an old butter quarter wrap that has Tablespoon measurements – or I just figure it by eye. Can’t have too much butter, right? I hope this works for you too. Use MI Facebook page to send us all your cooking tips.



2 comments:

  1. Dr Sherri Worth offer modern dental procedures including porcelain veneers.
    In order to find the right dentistry plano for your problem.

    You can have your teeth whitened will be an expense that you should
    ask for a free consultation to find out just how much things have changed dramatically.

    A veneer consists of the porcelain mineral that is shaped into a
    thin layer resembling the front of the tooth which was then displayed on a computer
    screen, where he designed the inlay.

    Look at my weblog; cosmetic dentistry plano texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Looks like you are the only person on the web who has written on this subject... And I just bought a 1-lb. chunk of butter from local Amish farmers. :)

    ReplyDelete