Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Food Dance



Last week was Kalamazoo’s Restaurant Week, so I figured that it was time to head back to Food Dance Restaurant. I have not been there in a few years, and they have since moved to a larger location. The new location includes a market that features local beers and wines as well as gourmet food, bakery items, and kitchen gadgets.

The décor features brick and painted walls with a wood floor and a tin ceiling with exposed ductwork. Walking into Food Dance is like walking into a painting. The walls – even in the restroom – are decorated with original art (painted directly on the walls) featuring fruits and vegetables. Food Dance has been using local farm foods long before it was the cool thing to do. Their menu is extensive and delicious.

Their website is a who’s who of local farms that cater to restaurants as well as attend farmers markets.

During my trip I also went to People’s Co-op which has always been a favorite stop for me when I am in the area. And, when you go to Kalamazoo, don’t forget that it is the home town of Bell’s Brewery.


Follow on Facebook.




1 comment:

  1. I've been to the Food Dance. Great food, had to shop in the store too. One of my favorite landmarks in K-Zoo.
    Fitz.

    ReplyDelete