Sunday, August 28, 2011

Summer Grapes and Grains


I took a quick trip to Old Mission Peninsula recently for some wine tasting. The 2010 Pinot Grigios are out! I tasted four of them in an afternoon and found that they all tasted quite differently. Below is my take on their taste. Have you tasted any? If so, what did you think?



Two Lads: acidic; not much fruit flavor

Bowers Harbor: a burst of fruit

Brys Estate: a sophisticated balance of fruit and acidity

Chateau Chantal: mineral elements

The weather was perfect last Thursday when I stopped by Mangiamo’s Beer-a-Palooza. The event featured several breweries and music by The Beanpoles. I tasted the New Holland Beerhive Honey Ginger Tripel Ale. It is made with local honey. I also tasted the Dark Horse Blueberry Bisquit and the Arbor Brewery Mackinac Island Fudge stout.

Follow on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment